AD Ports implements PCS at Aqaba Port

AD Ports implements PCS at Aqaba Port - Merchant Navy Info - News

AD Ports Group has signed a shareholder agreement between the digital arm MAQTA Gateway. And also Aqaba Development Corporation (ADC) to establish a joint venture with MAQTA AYLA. To establish a port community system, “PCS.” At Aqaba port. Maqta Gateway controls 51% of Maqta Ayla, and ADC holds the remaining 49% of him. Joint Venture will transform Aqaba Port operations through the deployment of a new PCS. Based on Maqta Gateway’s experience,  marking the first export of Abu Dhabi’s flagship port digitalisation solution.


PCS facilitates communication and also transactions between the Port of Aqaba, its terminal operators. The Aqaba Special Economic Zone Authority (ASEZA), the ADC, and also other stakeholders in the port ecosystem. Streamlining services and also ensuring the highest level of It is expected to achieve port efficiency. This solution will be operational within 12 months and is expected to reduce. CO2 emissions by the equivalent of 90,000 direct visits in one year from launch. The port of Aqaba is located at the crossroads of three continents. And also handles 80 percent of Jordan’s exports and 65 percent of its imports. Aqaba Container Terminal is the second largest in the Red Sea and also fourth largest in the region. With annual traffic reportedly exceeding 1.3 million TEU.  

Captain Mohamed Juma Al Shamisi. Managing Director and Group CEO of AD Ports Group, said: Dr. Is pleased: “We look forward to offering these in even more international locations. As we continue our mission to transform global trade.” Noura Al Dhaheri,  Digital Cluster CEO and  Maqta Gateway CEO, AD Ports Group: Smarter, more resilient and more cost-effective. “Digitization of port processes will significantly improve the customer and stakeholder experience, boost commerce, and foster economic prosperity. Building on our reputation as an AI-driven nation, we will leverage smart leadership In line with  our direction, we will continue our efforts to develop and deploy innovative solutions both regionally and globally.”

Scroll to Top